Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hi friends!!

I wans't sure how to add my pictures to my blog, but if you go to this website, I dowloaded some of my pictures in a slide show form!

I hope this works!

http://www.slide.com/r/3vugy6pi3D8AbHPuewEWehr1LIxvvTvJ?mail1=0

As for my team and I, we have had to do a lot more planning this month, which has taken away from our time for sharing, but there is so much to organize with just the 3 of us! :) We've had some trouble and didn't have much running water or electricity last week, but this week everything is back to normal! We just got back from church, and Sunday afternoon's is our internet time! (So, if you sign onto skype between 9am and noon in America on Sunday mornings, hopefully I'll catch you! )

Last night, we had our weekly meeting and the speaker tlaked about how to really walk with the holy spirit everyday! It was exciting because about 4 women that I met last week, came to the meeting! I know this may not seem to be a big deal, but almost all students tell you they'll come, and most don't :)

Last Wednesday, I had a bible study with my friend Eva, and it was really uplifting! I'm super excited about our friendship! She also goes to the church that has been my favorite so far. We have been doing a lot of church hoping, and it's getting a little old, but hopefully we'll find a steady one soon! Anyways, besides the point, I was asking her some pretty challenging questions, and her answers were really unique compared to how most students I've met, respond. For instance, I was I said, "Eva, this would beterrible, but if you got git by a bus tomorrow and died on impact, are you sure you'd go to heaven? And she was like, "Of course, Katie!" and then she pointed out this verse:

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26

I think Eva and I are planning on meeting every week, I wish I had a picture to show!

Also, I'd love to send you my updates if I haven't already!

Jesus continues to teach us to find our peace in him, I love this verse and think about it often! His compassion for us to be at peace with him:

"For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandmetns and regulations. His pupose was to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace..." Ephesians 2:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment